Scholarship: For Counselors
The Peyton Anderson Scholarship is a wonderful resource for your students. Scholarships can provide up to $7,500 annually for college expenses to students who demonstrate academic promise, good character, community involvement, and financial need. Scholarships can be used for college expenses and tuition, and can be combined with the HOPE Scholarship and other types of federal or college based financial aid.
There are several eligibility requirements for the Scholarship:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Bibb County for at least the previous two years.
- Applicant must be currently attending a public or private high school in Bibb County that has been accredited by SACS, and have attended there for the past two years
- Applicant must be accepted by one of the eligible Georgia colleges or universities on the Foundation list
- Applicant must have SAT or ACT scores available when applying for a Peyton Anderson Scholarship
- Please encourage applicant to file a FAFSA as early as possible. To determine the level of financial need, the Foundation will ask to see the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA before an award can be confirmed.
- Complete applications are due by March 23, 2018.
Students are asked to complete three brief essays to tell the Scholarship Committee about their future plans, their community involvement, and their financial need. A group of applicants will be selected mid-April for a follow-up interview, scheduled at the Peyton Anderson Foundation office and lasting about half an hour. Ten or more students will be chosen from this group to receive an award.
For any additional questions, contact us at 478-314-0948 or e-mail us at [email protected].
A complete application consists of:
- Submitted Online Application
- Two Recommendation Letters
- High school transcript with test card scores
- SAT or ACT scores
- Student Aid Report from the FAFSA